Special info on using our software at theaters and opera houses can be found here!
If you are preparing a film or theater festival, screening or any similar event where live subtitling/spotting is required, you've come to the right place!
We proudly present you the best software solution for live subtitling!
Our EasySubtitler software brings about a small revolution in our field because its features greatly surpass those of similar software packages used for subtitling at film and theater festivals. Its applications are best described through several examples...
Situation A (Basic Mode) - subtitling a screening with a film print which does not contain subtitles in your native language. In this case subtitle operator manually sends subtitles to the videoprojector/screen using our EasySubtitler software (common practice at film festivals). For this kind of subtitling advance preparation of time-coded subtitles is not possible because of the FPS difference between the film print and the screener (DVD/VHS). This is where subtitle operators come into play (and save the day).
Situation B (Extended Mode) - subtitling a screening with a non-European film print without any subtitles to refer to while subtitling. In this case we use the same EasySubtitler software, but in conjunction with a software DVD-player on the computer. We play the DVD screener with subtitles concurrently with the film projection. The screener helps the subtitle operator to spot the film smoothly and without any glitches.
Situation C (Combined Mode) - subtitling a DVD/Blu-ray screening. Here we have two possibilities:
1) preparing finalized DVD/Blu-ray (with subtitles of your choice) to use for the projection. In this case live subtitling becomes superfluous.
2) subtitling (actually, spotting) the DVD/Blu-ray "live" as in two previous situations. We can use the EasySubtitler software as in the situation A or project both the picture and the subtitles from the same computer (subtitles are shown beneath the picture)! This way we cut your costs! Instead of using two projectors (one for the DVD/Blu-ray, and the other for the subtitles), we use only one! This is an ideal solution for smaller venues and events with limited budget.
OF COURSE, THE SAME VERSION OF EASYSUBTITLER WORKS IN ALL THREE MODES LISTED ABOVE!
Short overview of EasySubtitler software features
- projection subtitles displayed on Extended Desktop, completely separate from the main computer screen
- clear display of 5-10 previous and subsequent subtitles (very important feature for subtitle operators)
- advanced subtitle manipulation (you can search through or even edit subtitles DURING the screening!)
- display of italics, bold and underlined text in subtitles (in all combinations)!
- enabled saving of spotted subtitles after the projection (you can use the saved file for repeated screenings of the same film)!
- subtitle positioning during the screening (in all four directions!)
- different subtitle formats supported
- combined with a software DVD-player you can easily subtitle i.e. Finnish film (without knowing a word of Finnish!) for which the film print doesn't have any subtitles on it! Up until now, this was impossible!
- live subtitling in two (or more) languages at the same time (this is a fantastic feature for various theater companies performing around the world)! READ MORE HERE.
- EasySubtitler really is very easy to use! We tailor it specifically to help subtitle operators perform as smoothly as possible. You can start subtitling a film screening in less than half an hour!
System requirements: Windows XP capable computer with Extended Desktop. And that's it! EasySubtitler does not waste your CPU resources and it can run on slower computers.
Interested? Contact us
for quotes and demonstration!
IN ADDITION TO OUR SUBTITLING SOFTWARE, WE ALSO PRODUCE SUBTITLED DVD'S AT VERY COMPETITIVE PRICES!